About A/Professor Brett Courtenay OAM
A/ Professor Courtenay has received the Order of Australia Medal in recognition for his services to orthopaedics and medical education. He has served as a Colonel in the Australian Army as a Trauma Surgeon, volunteered at Aboriginal Medical Service Cooperative Redfern (AMS Redfern) and has held several official roles with the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
His clinical practice has a strong focus on joint replacements, knee surgery and primary and revision hip surgery.
- SIRA NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW (post 1 Dec 2017)
- Medical Negligence
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Criminal Law
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection Assessments
- Public and Professional Liability
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed