A/ Professor Courtenay has received the Order of Australia Medal in recognition for his services to orthopaedics and medical education. He has served as a Colonel in the Australian Army as a Trauma Surgeon, volunteered at Aboriginal Medical Service Cooperative Redfern (AMS Redfern) and has held several official roles with the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
His clinical practice has a strong focus on joint replacements, knee surgery and primary and revision hip surgery.
Accreditations and Schemes
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor