He completed a Fellowship from the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) in 2004 and gained a Fellowship from the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists in 2006.
Associate Professor Vagg holds an appointment as a Conjoint Clinical Associate Professor at Deakin University School of Medicine. He has been a Board member of the Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM) since 2013 and has served as the Dean up until June 2022.
He is also a Direct or of Pain Matrix and Pain Matrix Eastern, and a regular contributor to various media programs discussing a wide range of medical topics.
Associate Professor Michael Vagg is applying his extensive expertise to the assessment of medico-legal claims involving medical negligence, public liability, workers’ compensation (including Comcare) and motor vehicle injuries.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness for Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Joint Medical Examiner (JME)
- WorkSafe Victoria Independent Medical Examiner (IME)