He then accepted a position at Latrobe Regional Hospital, Melbourne, as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. Still, in clinical practice, Dr Kumar is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer with the Monash School of Medicine in Melbourne where he teaches and supervises both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students. Dr Ajit Kumar completed his MBBS at the Bogomolets National Medical University in Kiev, Ukraine.
He was invited to join the prestigious Cochrane Schizophrenia Group in Leeds (UK) as a Research Fellow, and more recently Associate Editor, where he has published several reviews. As well to his Associate Editor role with Cochrane Schizophrenia Group, Dr Kumar is also a Review Editor for Cancer Medical Science.
Dr Kumar is highly experienced in child, adolescent and adult psychiatry but his specific expertise is in childhood psychosis.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Family Law
- Fitness for Duty
- Institutional Child Abuse – nonsexual
- Institutional Child Abuse – sexual
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment
- Public and Professional Liability
- Sexual Abuse
- Testamentary Capacity