His journey began as a junior doctor at Wollongong Public Hospital in 1998, transitioning to a career in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2001. Dr. Cadden gained valuable experience as both an unaccredited and advanced trainee in Wollongong. He pursued subspecialty training in foot and ankle surgery which led him to Toronto, Canada, where he collaborated with the globally renowned Dr. Tim Daniels during an 18-month fellowship.
This fellowship expanded his proficiency in total ankle joint replacement surgery, correction of deformities in flat and cavus feet, and the management of complex forefoot deformities. Dr. Cadden also became adept at addressing complex ankle and foot joint arthritis through fusion and joint-sparing procedures.
Upon his return to Australia, he further augmented his skills in arthroscopic techniques for the ankle, subtalar joint, Achilles tendon, and the first metatarsophalangeal (1st MTP) joint. His training extended to minimally invasive methods for correcting bunions, toe deformities, and repairing Achilles tendons.
Dr. Anthony Cadden has been actively involved in mentoring other foot and ankle surgeons, passing on his wealth of knowledge gained from fellowship training and his extensive clinical experience since establishing his private practice in the Wollongong region in 2009. His focus has been on employing minimally invasive techniques to restore function and rectify deformities, aiding patients in regaining their normal functionality.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor (PIA)
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Joint Medical Examiner (JME)