In private clinical practice for more than 44 years, Dr Freilich has served as Head of Neurology at Western Hospital, Footscray as well as a Senior Fellow, Department of Medicine at Melbourne University and a Lecturer at the University of Technology, Victoria. His experience includes service as a Medical Referee for the Department of Health (Victorian Division) and a Group Captain for the RAAF Medical Reserve.
After completing his medical degree at The University of Melbourne, Dr David Freilich held several positions at the Royal Melbourne Hospital before spending time at The London Hospital based in the UK. Upon returning to Australia, he held several senior positions at various hospitals and is a well published author in the medical journals.
He has a particular interest in a variety of neurological ailments including Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, stroke, and multiple sclerosis, as well as Nerve Conduction Studies and report EEGs.
Dr Freilich is accepting a wide range of medicolegal assessments including medical negligence, public liability, WorkSafe Victoria IME and IIA, and TAC.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- Medical Negligence
- WorkSafe Victoria Independent Medical Examiner
- WorkSafe Victoria Independent Impairment Assessor
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Joint Medical Examiner
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Fitness for Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Motor Vehicle (non-accredited)
- Workers Compensation (non-accredited)
- Public and Professional Liability
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed