With a special interest in organisational and occupational psychiatry, Dr Chow established his practice specifically to deliver expert advice on workplace mental health for individuals, organisations and health professionals. His specific expertise includes the causes and manifestations of mental health issues in the workplace, including PTSD and Bullying and Harassment presentations.
His combined skills in psychiatry and business management enable him to deliver meaningful insights into interpersonal difficulties and general mental health issues and is experienced with assessing long term work incapacity.
Dr Chow has experience in medical neglicence claims, public liability and common law claims and has previously worked as an internal VMO for life insurance companies reviewing IP and TPD claims.
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Aged Care Claims
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Historical Sexual Abuse
- Historical Non-Sexual Abuse
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Motor Accidents Insurance Board Tasmania
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW (post 1 Dec 2017)
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Joint Medical Examiner (JME)
- Worksafe Tasmania Permanent Impairment Assessor
- WorkSafe Victoria Independent Medical Examiner (IME)
So, what are the differences between Acute Distress Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and what is the time frame before one diagnoses turns into another.
Dr Chow discuss all this and more.