Dr Smith is a Medical Assessor with the Dispute Resolution Service for the State Insurance Regulation Authority (SIRA) as well as an Authorised Health Practitioner. He is an accredited WorkCover NSW Independent Medical Examiner and a Motor Accident Authority (MAA) Trained Assessor of Permanent Impairment. He has extensive experience in providing independent psychiatric assessments of personal injury for matters including medical negligence, historical sexual assault and public liability. Dr Smith has provided evidence as an independent expert for matters in the NSW Coroner’s Court.
- Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Edition
- Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Edition
- Permanent Impairment Assessor, Workers Compensation NSW (SIRA)
- Authorised Health Practitioner, Dispute Resolution Service Assessor and Medical Assessment Service, Motor Vehicle NSW (SIRA)
- Permanent Impairment Assessor, Comcare