Dr Garvey is currently Visiting Medical Officer at Sydney Private Hospital and Sydney Central Day Surgery. He conducts IME assessments for the Personal Injury Commission where he serves on the Medical Assessor Reference Group. Dr John Garvey has conducted medicolegal work since the mid 1990s.
Dr Garvey is Founder and Director of the Groin Pain Clinic in Sydney and has been invited internationally to present on topics of sports hernia and groin disruption injuries and undiagnosed groin pain. He is accredited with the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners in AMA guides 4th and 5th editions in digestive tract, core, urinary and reproductive systems and skin and plastics.
- Personal Injury Commission, Medical Assessor, Workers’ Compensation Scheme
- Permanent Impairment Assessor, NSW Workers Compensation (SIRA)
- Permanent Impairment Assessor, Motor Vehicle Accidents (SIRA)
- Permanent Impairment Assessor, Tasmanian Workers’ Compensation Scheme
- Medical Negligence
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Public and Professional Liability
- Criminal Law
- Common Law claims