Dr Joshua Hunt completed his medical degree at the University of Queensland before relocating and completing his internships and residency years in the hospitals in the Hunter New England Health area. He then completed his advanced training in Orthopaedic Surgery completing his FRACS (Ortho) with the Royal College of Surgeons Australia. It was during this time that Dr Hunt was involved with teaching and research and presented at both national and international orthopaedic and hand surgery meetings.
Dr Hunt has also completed a 12-month Fellowship in St Gallen, Switzerland’s Hand and Plastic Surgery Department.
As Visiting Medical Officer Hand Surgeon at the John Hunter Hospital, Dr Hunt specialises in hand surgery trauma and has been involved in complex hand trauma as well as the full range of elective hand surgery in the public and private sector.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers Compensation
- Comcare Guides to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor