He has delivered comprehensive care to patients requiring surgical care across areas of surgery including the digestive tract, the abdominal region, the skin and soft tissue, including the breast, the head and neck, the endocrine system, the treatment of cancer, surgical management of traumatic injuries, and the care of critically ill and emergency patients with surgical needs.
Dr Edwards has dedicated a large portion of his clinical time to assisting Orthopaedic Surgeons in the operating theatre with a wide variety of orthopaedic procedures including rotator cuff repairs, knee and hip replacements, cervical and lumbar fusions, lumbar discectomies, carpal tunnel decompression and various foot and hand operations.
A SIRA approved assessor of permanent impairment in the upper extremity, lower extremity, spine and the digestive system, Dr Kim Edwards is a highly experienced court expert witness who can provide independent medicolegal opinion on a wide range of presentations and injuries.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guides to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- Worksafe Tasmania Permanent Impairment Assessor