He has worked in occupational rehabilitation managing workers with psychological injuries, for more than 10 years, and has been writing medicolegal reports for more than 20 years.
Dr Hong enjoys a broad range of work and spends the majority of his time providing direct patient care. Previously he worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Black Dog Institute depression clinic-a tertiary referral centre for complex mood disorders-receiving referrals from other psychiatrists for diagnostic clarification and treatment guidance.
He is actively involved in teaching medical students and psychiatrists-in-training from the University of NSW and the University of Notre Dame and has co-authored a number of research papers that are published in Australian and international psychiatric journals.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- ACT Motor Vehicle Scheme Permanent Impairment Assessments
- ACT Workers’ Compensation Permanent Injury Assessments
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness for Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and professional liability Assessments
- Seafarers Assessments
- Sexual Abuse
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor