His scope of clinical practice includes all facets of colon & rectal surgery and general surgery. His clinical load includes diagnostic & therapeutic endoscopy, colonoscopy, hernias, cancers, crush injuries to the groin, ureters & rectum, liver & spleen lacerations, upper & lower limb spine, & digestive injuries.
His medicolegal experience comprises of medico legal reporting in both public & private sectors as well as for Avant Medical Protection. He is a member of the Medical Assessment Tribunal (General Surgery, Vascular & Urology), Office of Industrial Relations & Queensland Treasury since 2010, and is on the Workcover Panel of Independent Medical Examiners in general surgery.
He holds the Master Certified Independent Medical Examiners (MCIME) qualification from the American board of independent medical examiners (ABIME) and is a fellow of the American College of independent medical examiners. He is a member of the Medical Legal Society of Queensland and an associate of the Australasian College of Legal Medicine and have completed courses on basic and advanced law intensive, medical report writing and expert witness training with a moot court. He has completed the Medical Law in Qld Course, run by Barry Nilsson Lawyers.
Dr Mar Fan speaks fluent Cantonese.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guides to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness for Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Motor Accident Injury Commission Queensland
- Public and Professional Liability
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission (JME)
- Worksafe Queensland