Dr Curtin has held the role of Head of Plastic Surgery at both Auburn Hospital and Westmead Hospital and has been involved in the training of over 100 plastic surgeons. The demands of these hospital appointments have ensured that his practice has covered a wide range of presentations, with a particular interest in microsurgical reconstruction following injury or cancer surgery. His interests in cosmetic surgery have been pursued in the private hospital setting.
With combined expertise in plastic and reconstructive surgery, hand surgery and maxillofacial surgery, and as a regular contributor to the NSW Medical Panels, Dr Paul Curtin delivers a highly credible opinion on a broad range of presentations including burns and scarring, breast augmentation, facial surgery and rhinoplasty, trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome, ligament damage, and general dental matters such as broken teeth.
Accreditations and Schemes
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW
- SIRA NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor