Currently active in clinical practice, Dr Hitchen specialises in shoulder and knee arthroscopy, with expertise in arthroscopic management of rotator cuff tears and impingement pain. He manages conditions induced by recreational activities such as surfing, gym programs and sports trauma.
Dr Hitchen is SIRA accredited for the assessment of Permanent Impairment in the Spine, Upper and Lower Extremities. He provides expertise in early intervention claims management, evidence-based medicine, liability advice, suitability of surgical procedures, and fitness for work including permanent restriction advice.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW (AHP)
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor