Still in clinical practice, Dr Spittaler operates at John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle Private and Lingard Private Hospital. He has performed over 11,000 surgeries and sits on the Advisory Board at Lingard Private Hospital. Dr Spittaler is the only surgeon in the Hunter region to perform navigated sacroiliac joint fusion surgery. He prides himself on his dedicated care of patients and is constantly striving to ensure patients receive the best care possible.
Recently, Dr Spittaler has travelled to Europe, Asia and the Middle East to offer education and confer with peers in best practice and cutting edge technology.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Motor Vehicle non-accredited
- SIRA NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed