Dr Chowdary is a member of The Faculty of Addiction Psychiatry and an examiner for both the Australian Medical Council and Royal Australian College of Psychiatrists. He has previously held the positions of staff specialist for alcohol and drug services and community psychiatry in Australia and England.
Dr Zarrar Chowdary is highly experienced in general adult psychiatry, addiction, post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) and dual diagnosis presentations. His most recent interests includes psychiatric issues in chronic pain and the use of medicinal cannabis with a focus on de-prescribing and nonpharmacological aspects in chronic pain management.
Languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- Worksafe Victoria Independent Medical Assessor
- Worksafe Victoria Independent Impairment Assessor
- SIRA NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW (post 1 Dec 2017)
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Medical Negligence
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection Assessments
- Public and Professional Liability
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed