He serves as Adjunct Professor University of Sydney Medical School (Director of Education MSK) and is a member of its peak Ethics Committee (HREC1).
Appointed Major General and Surgeon General Australian Defence Forces and Reserves, Professor New has also received the Order of Australia Medal (civilian) for services to medicine and is the recipient of the Bruce Shepherd Medal for Services to Medicine 2019.
Professor New OAM is past Chairman of NSW Australian Orthopaedic Association and a Member of the Spinal speciality group Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Accreditations and Schemes
- SIRA NSW Workers Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner NSW (post 1 Dec 2017)
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Assessor
- Medical Negligence
- Worksafe Queensland
- Motor Accident Injury Commission Queensland
- Motor Injury Insurance Western Australia
- Workers Compensation (non-accredited)
- Motor Vehicle non-accredited
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection Assessments
- Public and Professional Liability
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed