He serves as Adjunct Professor University of Sydney Medical School (Director of Education MSK) and is a member of its peak Ethics Committee (HREC1).
Appointed Major General and Surgeon General Australian Defence Forces and Reserves, Professor New has also received the Order of Australia Medal (civilian) for services to medicine and is the recipient of the Bruce Shepherd Medal for Services to Medicine 2019.
Professor New OAM is past Chairman of NSW Australian Orthopaedic Association and a Member of the Spinal speciality group Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Accreditations and Schemes
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Fitness for Duty
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Motor Accident Injury Commission Queensland (MAIC)
- Public and Professional Liability
- SIRA NSW Workers’ Compensation Permanent Impairment Assessor
- SIRA NSW Motor Accident Guidelines Authorised Health Practitioner
- Worksafe Queensland