He has been performing medicolegal assessments since 2018 and delivers more than 100 independent opinions each year.
After completing his medical degree at the University College of London in 1988, he undertook postgraduate training in Psychiatry at the prestigious Maudsley & Bethlem Hospitals in the UK.
Under the supervision of Professor Sir Robin Murray, Dr Taylor engaged in an eighteen-month research post at the Institute of Psychiatry in the UK and subsequently completed his specialist training in Psychiatry and addictions at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland.
Dr Taylor devoted 27 years to the UK Public Sector, working with the NHS as a consultant in both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
In 2013, he relocated to Australia where he built a private practice and continues to deliver medico-legal opinions.
Professor Taylor has received many honorary academic titles for his work both as a teacher and researcher and holds the title of Professor-Griffith University, QLD, Associate Professor – University of QLD, and previously Honorary Senior Lecturer – University of Edinburgh.
He has also been the recipient of numerous awards including Hospital Doctor of the Year (2007) and the Scottish Health Awards’ Care at Home National Award (2010).
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 5th Ed
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- Capacity Assessments- Testamentary and Medical Decision Making
- Comcare Guide to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Criminal Law
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fitness For Duty
- Historical Sexual & Non-Sexual Abuse
- Life Insurance – TPD and Income Protection
- Medical Negligence
- Motor Accident Injury Commission Queensland (MAIC)
- Public and Professional Liability
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission (TAC)
- Worksafe NT
- Worksafe Queensland