Professor Richard Fox AM was the inaugural chair of the CRC for Cancer Therapeutics.
He is the former director of research at St Vincents Hospital Melbourne and former director of clinical haematology and medical oncology at the Royal Melbourne Hospital from 1985 to 2006.
He is also former Professor of Medical Oncology at the University of Melbourne, Director of the Dept of Clinical Haematology at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and Vice President of the Cancer Council of Victoria.
In 2007, Professor Fox was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia for services to medicine in the areas of clinical oncology and research, to medical education and training, and through governance and leadership roles within professional organisations.
He is co-author of Cancer Explained, the essential guide to the diagnosis, treatment and management of various forms of cancer.
In his capacity as medicolegal assessor, he provides his independent opinion on matters involving workplace asbestos, blood diseases, cancers and ruptured spleens.
Accreditations and Schemes:
- American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 4th Ed
- ACT Motor Vehicle
- ACT Workers’ Compensation
- Comcare Guides to the Assessment of Degree of Permanent Impairment
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Life Insurance -TPD and Income Protection
- Fitness for Duty
- Medical Negligence
- Motor Accidents Insurance Board Tasmania (MAIB)
- Motor Accident Injury Accreditation Scheme SA (MAIAS)
- Public and Professional Liability
- Return to Work South Australia (RTWSA)
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Examiner (TAC)
- Victoria Transport Accidents Commission Joint Medical Examiner (JME)
- Victorian WorkCover Authority Independent Impairment Assessor (IIA)
- Worksafe Tasmania Permanent Impairment Assessor